Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a leading Non-Governmental and Not-for-Profit Organization established in 1989 by two eminent and reputable Nigerians who are the most prominent advocates of Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) and Family Planning (FP) programming in Nigeria. ARFH, a Nigerian fully indigenous, Non- Governmental, and Not-for-Profit organization had implemented projects across the 36+1 states of Nigeria on cross cutting programs including Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health plus Nutrition Investment Case (RMNCAH+N), Family Planning (FP), Global fund grants on HIV, TB and Malaria as Prime & Sub recipient, USAID grants on Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) among others.
ARFH since inception consistently contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of rural poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged populations. ARFH has been at the fore-front of Health & community system strengthening, Human resource for health development in Nigeria, supporting the Government of Nigeria to advocate and domesticate health policies into implementation e.g. its task-shifting and task sharing policy through capacity building for all cadres of health care providers including Physicians, Nurse midwives, and CHEWs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor – OVC Case Management
Employment Type: Full-time
Objective of the Project
ARFH, in partnership with Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is supporting the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Government of Nigeria (GON) to implement the CDC Funded intervention that relates to Delivering Comprehensive and Sustainable HIV/AIDS Clinical and Community Services to Achieve HIV Epidemic Control in Subnational Units in Nigeria under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The overall objective of this project is to achieve HIV epidemic control across all CDC-supported States within age and sex bands in Nigeria. It is also to integrate HIV service delivery with the management of other non-communicable and infectious diseases such as TB and COVID-19 by delivering client-centred interventions, prioritizing at risk and vulnerable populations.
- The Technical Advisor OVC Case Management will be reporting to the Associate Director and coordinate all the OVC case management processes and ensure quality service delivery is provided across the OVC case management domains required for Care Plan Achievement.
- S/He will provide guidance on the enrollment of priority enrollment streams and offer strategic direction for the achievement of enrollment target in Delta, Ekiti and Osun States.
- S/he will ensure facility enrollment saturation; facilitate bi-direction referral from the facility to the community and vice-versa.
- S/he provide innovative strategies for increasing community HIV case finding among paediatric and adolescents living with HIV, deployed strategies that will erode linkage gap, improve continuity in treatment, prevent interruption in treatment among children and adolescents living with HIV, achieve viral load suppression and become resilient, through provision of targeted household economic strengthening activities.
- S/He will provide programmatic, technical and financial responsibility, leadership and management of and reporting on program activities, making decisions and solving problems in short time-frames, while ensuring operational and program quality and integrity, in addition to serving as the program’s first point of interface with CDC on routine and strategic matters, with guidance from the Project Management Team (PMT).
- Other responsibilities include, effective coordination of program and strategic information and activities of the project and ensuring productive organizational management, communication/interacting with other projects, Government of Nigeria, stakeholders at the National, State, and LGA levels, community and local stakeholder groups, implementing partners and Networks. 100% of his/her time per annum is chargeable to the project.
- A Degree in Medical Field, Social Sciences or related disciplines, with at least 6 years’ cognate experience, which must include at least 3 years in Programming for OVC, and Sub granting to CBOs.
- Also, preferred are knowledge of health programs with the Nigeria public sector, health system, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders. An MPH is an added advantage.
We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter inONLYone attachment (MS Word Document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
For more information on opportunities updates, click on the boxes below to join our Telegram & WhatsApp groups